Thursday, October 16, 2008

Housekeeping

Dear readers,
I wanted to let you know about some changes I've made to furnitude and talk about some upcoming posts. First, I've rearranged a few things to make it a bit easier to navigate. I hope it's more straightforward in letting you sign up for RSS feeds and email subscriptions. A category list I put on the left makes it easier to go straight to the Furniture I Love posts. I also added a button at the end of each post that allows you to share the post on all the various social networking sites (sharing helps me grow the readership). So if you visit the blog and things look weird, it's because I'm working on stuff. I'm basically learning HTML on the fly. But come to think of it, that's pretty much how I learned most things about woodworking.

Aside from Furniture I Love posts, I'll be writing more posts on Woodworking Blogs I Love, Design Blogs I Love, Feats of Woodworking, and posts on events, books, classes, tools and whatever else I find interesting and think you'll find interesting. Two big things coming up are the Woodworking in America conference and a series of posts celebrating the contemporary rocking chair. Stay tuned for those.

I really enjoy writing furnitude, especially when I get comments or emails from readers who say they were inspired by a great furniture maker whose work I posted. That said, the more time I spend on it, the less time I have for making furniture and otherwise earning my keep. So if you like what I'm doing with furnitude, please help me grow the readership by sending it to friends or colleagues or family or anyone else who appreciates (or is obsessed with) handmade furniture. Share it with your facebook or myspace friends, twitter it to your twitter stalkers or, if you're old-school, scribble the address on a scrap of paper, tie it to a bird and release it into the wild blue yonder -- whatever works! Who knows, maybe this will turn into something serious some day. Thanks for visiting.

Sincerely,
The Management

0 Comments: