Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Furniture I Love: Pat Morrow Edition

It’s been a while since my last “Furniture I Love” post, so I’m happy to get back to it with a post on Pat Morrow’s beautifully carved furniture. Pat’s talent is not only to create realistic carvings, like the leaves in her Leaf Table, but also to experiment with various textures, wood combinations and finishing techniques. But even with her amazing surface treatments, her art is certainly not confined to the superficial. Her furniture is built using classic joinery like mortise and tenon and dovetails.


To show her range, I’m featuring a small table with beautifully curved legs and a side table that gives a nod to the artist Piet Mondrian (one of my favorites).




I’ll close with what I consider a quintessential Pat Morrow piece. She’s taken a classic Arts & Crafts bookshelf design and added her own signature: four gorgeous carvings of gingko leaves.




See more of Pat Morrow’s work at www.trailmixstudio.com.

Photos by Pat Morrow and Toby Threadgill.

0 Comments: