Monday, March 3, 2008

Furniture I Love: Tyler Chartier Edition

When I saw Tyler Chartier’s toolbox on the back cover of Fine Woodworking magazine, I was completely impressed by his skill in its design and execution. It does so much in such a small amount of space and makes a perfect mix of beauty and utility.




As you can see on his website, his furniture is equally impressive. The walnut spice cabinet is like a clinic in drawer and door design. At first glance I thought this was a large buffet or sideboard. The proportions are so pleasing, it could honestly be beautiful in any size.



For an example of his work on a larger scale, check out this almost ghostly maple sideboard. I guess I’m used to sideboards in darker woods, but I love how the maple is so clean and crisp.


All photos are by Autumn Fuentes, Tyler’s wife. You can check out her website at www.throughautumnslens.com.

0 Comments: