Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Furniture I Love: Pablo Pineda Willis Edition

Canadian furniture maker Pablo Pineda Willis is serious about sustainability. He makes a point of using responsibly-harvested wood and also uses non-toxic glues and finishes. But beyond that, his work is an example of how good practices can influence and even improve one’s designs.

His clean and light Caitlina chair, for example, reminds me of Gio Ponti’s Superleggera chair, one of the classics of modern design. I’ve never had the pleasure to try out the Caitlina chair, but I can imagine it has a very comfortable flex to it.

I also love the Reveal cabinet and the beautiful tray, called Self, out of walnut and fir.

Be sure to read his passionate statement about sustainability. See more of his work at www.pablopinedawillis.com.

0 Comments: