Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to Furnitude!

Can someone please tell me where the last year went? I can't quite believe it, but today is the first anniversary of Furnitude. If I had known back on February 5, 2008, how much work it takes to write a blog, I can't say I would have started. But I'm so glad I did. That proves the value of sometimes going in blind! Along the way, I've met some amazing furniture makers and readers. One of the highlights of the year would have to be the Woodworking In America conference where I got to meet some fellow bloggers in person, including Matt Vanderlist, Kari Hultman, Chris Schwarz, Mack McKinney, Al Navas and many others. Thanks also to Marc Spagnuolo for his support and the great work he does that helps the rest of us. And I especially want to thank the folks all over the world (95 countries in the house!) who actually read Furnitude and come back to read more. Believe me, there have been plenty of times when I considered stopping, but then a reader would email to thank me for featuring a particular furniture maker or even to say that he or she was inspired by the blog. Thanks for that and for sharing it with your friends. Please keep emailing me and leaving comments. I love it! Writing this blog has helped develop my critical eye, and I'm sure my own furniture will benefit from that. I hope yours does, too. I really feel like I'm just getting started. There is so much great furniture being made and the more people who see it, the better. Lastly, I want to thank my wife for being so supportive of all the time and energy it takes me to keep this thing going. Onward!

5 Comments:

modernemama said...

Congratulations both on the blogaversary and your work - it's beautiful

Alison Heath said...

Congrats on the anniversary. The blogosphere would be a much sadder place without you!

Alison

Adam said...

Congrats! Happy Anniversary, B-Day! You've been a great source of inspiration. Thanks for all your terrific effort. You bet it's worth it! Can't wait to see what the next year brings!

Kari Hultman said...

Happy Birthday!!! Keep up the great work. :o)

Unknown said...

Congrats Mitch!! One year down and many more to go!!