Sunday, January 2, 2011

The One That Got Away

I was tracking a table saw on Craigslist -- a pristine Ridgid 3650 -- but the seller wasn’t willing to come down on the price and I decided that it was just too expensive. He said he had only used it a couple of days and from the photos, I believe it. I understand that he wanted to get as much as he could for essentially a new saw, but the price was too close to the price for a new saw. If it’s only $100 or so cheaper than a brand new one, I think I would just rather wait until I can scrape the extra $100 together. The lifetime warranty on the Ridgid saw is probably worth the $100 by itself.

If I see a really cheap 3650, like $200, maybe I would do it. Then again, I don’t want to have a saw that is beat up, rusted and needs a lot of work just to run. I know I would be happier if I could have the saw I want with the features I want and I can handle delaying the satisfaction a bit to get it. To raise a bit more money, I’m actually thinking of selling a few things. You don’t happen to be in the market for a banjo, do you??

0 Comments: