Saturday, April 4, 2009

Furniture I Love: Marc Spagnuolo Edition

Before he ever whispered to a piece of wood, Marc Spagnuolo was developing his skills as a designer and woodworker. As part of his training, Marc served as an apprentice to David Marks, of "Wood Works" (on the DIY Network) fame.

In the last few years, Marc has managed, with the help of his wife, to combine his woodworking skills, his love of technology and his natural teaching ability into the Interblog phenomenon that is The Wood Whisperer. To me, the most valuable aspect of his blog is the message of trusting your instincts and just getting in there and trying.

That said, it's important to remember that it all started with making furniture. Marc is an excellent craftsman, and I'm happy to be able to feature some of his work. The pieces I love the most are the ones that seem the most organic. Have a look at some of them below and check out the gallery on his website.




Aside from the beauty and quality of this keepsake box, I wanted to feature it because if you look behind it -- on the couch -- you'll see a video game controller! Nerd Alert!


I wish Marc the best in growing his empire and hope that he continues to use his considerable talent for good and not evil. I appreciate all he has done for his fellow woodworking bloggers. You can find him at www.thewoodwhisperer.com.

1 Comment:

TheWoodWhisperer said...

I am honored to be featured man! Thanks so much. I like to consider myself as very much on the upward climb to understanding design and being able to execute it with a fine degree of craftsmanship. But I am glad you enjoy some of the work I've done so far. Good luck with the blog and your woodworking!