Monday, December 22, 2008

Furniture I Love: Jason Henderson Edition

With his work in rustic furniture, Jason Henderson is doing things I’m not seeing other people do – and that’s saying a lot. But not only that, his pieces challenge me to step out of my comfort zone and will hopefully challenge you as well.


I absolutely love when the true nature of wood – no, the true nature of a specific piece of wood -- is kept in as natural a state as possible in a piece of furniture to show the contrast between what nature presented and what a maker manipulated to fit his or her own vision. I love furniture that features wood with a live edge or a knot or crack. I especially love it when the furniture has one or all of these features and then alongside it or part of it there is something completely refined. The contrast is striking but each aspect speaks to the potential of the other.

So if you think you've seen enough rustic or "twig" furniture, prepare to be wowed. You can see more of Jason Henderson's work at www.jason-henderson.com.

Photo by Stock Studios Photography.

0 Comments: