Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Furniture Show at Tennessee State Museum

The Cumberland Furniture Guild, the local woodworking guild here in Nashville, recently sponsored a juried furniture exhibition. The show has over 30 pieces selected by three judges and will travel around the state for the next year or so. It is currently on display at the Tennessee State Museum.

Here's a video by the local news channel: link

I'm happy to have had a piece selected.






You can see a brochure with pictures of all the pieces here. Thanks to fellow guild member Chris Somerville for the link to the video. Check out Chris's work at his site.

Photos for my piece were taken by J. Michael Krouskop.

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I really like the drawer fronts and especially the knobs. Dovetailing them into place is a great touch.

Furnitude said...

Thanks, Matt. If someone sees one of my pieces up close, I like there to be little rewards like the dovetailed pulls that you only see if you open the drawer.

Jenny said...

I am glad to have seen this piece in person. It is really nice - one of my faves in the show.

Unknown said...

That's great! You are the king of dovetails! --cookie

Dorset Custom Furniture said...

Nice video of what looks like a great show ... your piece looks great ... and that video in the post below .... wellllll ...I guess I'm speechless on that one .... dan