Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Furniture I Love: Palo Samko Edition

When I was looking through Palo Samko’s work to find pieces I wanted to feature, I honestly had a very difficult time deciding.


I love the range of his work, from pieces that accentuate raw, weathered wood to highly sculpted chairs and stools. I definitely see the influence of George Nakashima and Sam Maloof at play, but Samko takes that inspiration and goes forward with it to find true innovation. One example is the round drawers of this small driftwood cabinet.

You can see multiple influences at play in this gorgeous stool (Maloof, Nakashima, even Tage Frid?), but Samko has made the style all his own.



I also love the simple, iconic birds that he incorporates into his work. They are on sale here at the Curiosity Shoppe (www.curiosityshoppeonline.com) in San Francisco.

See more of his work at www.palosamko.com.

0 Comments: