Sunday, February 10, 2008

About Furnitude

I started Furnitude because, as a furniture maker myself, I believe that the more people know about handmade furniture, the more likely they are to appreciate it and buy it.

I’m not talking about the stuff you can buy at Pottery Barrel. That stuff is made in factories. I'm talking about handmade furniture that is made one piece at a time by real people who care about every little decision that goes into making something that will last.

In this blog I plan to share my thoughts about furniture making, mostly in terms of things I'm in the process of making. I also plan to spread the word about some incredible furniture makers whose work I love. Please feel free to ask questions, leave comments and suggest your favorite furniture makers.

I’m going to focus on individuals living and making now, not the great makers of the past, though their influence is surely present in what is being made today. The audience I intend to address isn’t furniture makers, though they are certainly welcome to visit and share their thoughts. The audience is the potential customer for handmade furniture. It is also my fellow bloggers in the design world and interior designers and decorators, with a thought toward giving them ideas and connecting them with excellent furniture makers.

2 Comments:

jerad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jerad said...

Hey Mitch, I like your blog. I tried sending you an email but it keeps kicking it back. Anyways keep up the good work I'll be adding you to my links.